Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chronicles from the Future: The Amazing Story of Paul Amadeus Dienach
@Mystic Wanderer :

I'm familiar with the "Ubuntu" concept. they even named a flavor of Linux after it which I used to use before it got all crazy, and tried to follow Microsoft into the mists and turn every one's computer into a mere cell phone. I'm not a big fan. it will never work, and here's why:

I'm not sure which tribes "elected" a leader (sounds like white man, "after the fact", "noble savage" type hogwash to me), but that's neither here nor there. the INSTANT a leader takes office, whether elected, appointed, or self-appointed, EVERYONE IS NO LONGER EQUAL. Some are then more equal than others, with the leader(s) at the top of that heap.

Ask someone who has lived under the communist yoke how that "election" business goes in communist countries. it all looks fine on paper, in theory, in a classroom, but once it gets out into the real world laboratory, it always ends the same. Leaders are "elected", usually with little or no choice, eventually at gunpoint more or less, and society begins it's stratification all over again. Then a bureaucracy is appointed to oversee things, further stratifying society, and creating a whole new class of "more equal than you, but less equal that the Top Dawg" folks in the brave new Classless Society. Then some of the "less equal" folks take exception to that, and the "leaders" start ruling with a harder and harder fist, to keep the proletariat in line (and of course to preserve their own privileged positions). In the end, society is even more stratified than it began, with gradients of "equal" from "most equal' to "least equal". Police states are born to keep the proles in order, Lenins, Stalins, PolPots, and Maos arise.

"Ubuntu" is just plain old "communism" with a catchy African name to hide behind. It would be ok by me, so long as I could opt out and earn my own bread by the sweat of my own brow and be left alone... but it never works that way. No one is allowed to opt out, else the proletariat vanished amongst a sea of rugged individuals, and the "more equal" folks start starving or have to get a job, neither of which they are willing to do... then the Iron Fist comes down.

Editor's Note: I reckon there is some way to "tag" folks, but damned if I can find it. Therefore you are on your own in finding this post.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chronicles from the Future: The Amazing Story of Paul Amadeus Dienach - by Ninurta - 06-02-2016, 01:52 AM