Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Earthquake and Volcano Live Spectrographs
A member some of you might recognize, TrueAmerican, from that 'other site' has made a live stream video where we can see in real time if an earthquake is taking place. If you see anything red or orange, it isn't good.   tinyshocked
I thought some or you here might like to bookmark this. 
Montana had a 5.8 yesterday, but I never saw anything about it in the news.  Thanks to TA, he kept the people informed in that area.

Click on his YT video and give him a "like" for putting this up for the public.   tinybiggrin

ETA: Check here daily to see the new video of the live stream, which has to be changed every so often: TA Stream Index

https://youtu.be/BD2ABTAO0wQ

Quote:Live video stream of select seismograph stations covering much of the Ring of Fire and select volcanoes, in real time, as long as this is live and you move the bar all the way to the right. This costs money to maintain and keep up. Therefore if you like this, and want me to keep it up, please consider donating whatever you can via PayPal to studioman22@yahoo.com. Thank you.

If I receive enough donations, I may take this to a whole new level with multiple streams covering more areas in much more detail. I may even build dedicated computers for the task. Most donations will be held and not used for anything but upgrading and improving this unique service. I may use donated funds to increase my upload speed and improve my internet service. But again, that costs money. So help if you can please! Thanks!

You will see all kinds of things on these seismometers, and much of it will not be earthquakes. There may be noise, some stations may not work, and all other sorts of things. These are spectrographs and not waveforms.

Alaska volcanoes currently set to just monitor Bogoslof and Cleveland volcanoes.

Messages In This Thread
Earthquake and Volcano Live Spectrographs - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-08-2017, 01:18 AM