Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Capital of Atlantis! Known today as the Antarctic ...
Personally, I'm personally a believer that Atlantis was Minoan Crete. But I'm not posting to discuss our differences of opinion about the location of Atlantis. Rather, something in this thread was brought up that I find worthy of discussion or agreement. 

While I don't believe in the ancient aliens theory, I do believe that ancient humans were more technologically advanced than we imagine. I think the methods and materials of their technology were different than we use today, so the evidence to their technology is something we often overlook, and/or has disintegrated over time.

We went backwards, regressed after this height of technology which does actually happen in extreme cases, historically. 

Oddly, Something I have been discussing lately in one of my groups, has been the potential effects of population decrease on a nation. What would happen in population decline, to make a long story short, as production is tied to population and the economy both, therefore in population decline, we would loose our ability economically to carry on the welfare state, which is where many things such as education and infrastructure derive. Also, innovation would likely suffer, both because of the lack of educational access, as well as a greater concentration being placed on simple survival. 

Historically, where ever there is population decrease, it is marked by a backward economy and backward everything else. 

Therefore, if we were once more advanced, it would have been population decline which caused our decent into the stone age rather than our continued ability to conquer the heavens. Historically, this hypothesis bears out in fact. This situation we are discussing, is simply a much larger scale than anything we have to compare it in our modern day, but technically, this would bear out just like this (technologically advanced to stone age), if it the population was decimated n large enough number. 

And the story of Babel, a story written in people's estimation, about 1400 years before Christ, (so about 3400 - 3500 years ago) describes just such an advanced civilization whose population was decimated and the people scattered. 

For those who don't believe in the reason the Bible gave for that population decline, that of a people suddenly unable to communicate in a common language, can draw their own conclusions as to what might have caused it. 

But we do have writings that are hypothetically probable, and evidence they are likely true due to evidence of an advanced civilization on earth at one time..

I very much believe the human race was once technologically advanced, and that we went backward from there rather than forward. The rise and fall of civilizations is something we know well from history as well as the effects it can have on people and nations and it's not in the least an improbable belief.. much more likely in fact than the belief our technology was derived from aliens.. we have been on this earth for a very long time, we could have risen and fell more than once, as a human race.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Capital of Atlantis! Known today as the Antarctic ... - by Grace - 12-07-2016, 01:47 PM