Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Common medicines including cold and flu tablets, heartburn drugs and sleeping pills '
After running into more issues with Jim not "thinking" right this past week, when I went to renew his daytime meds, I asked the pharmacist about Lasix, metoprolol and Isiborbide about causing cognitive issues.

He said that he had read something about it on Facebook, but was looking for something more substantial to go on.
He was aware of it however.

I tried explaining some of the problems I have seen Jim having lately, and he confirmed what i thought, that the spironolactone is also a fluid pill.
So he did not know why Jim was on both.

That is when I told him "why" Jim was put on that to begin with....it was after his former doctor put him on the controversial sugar drug Avandaryl.
Not suppose to give to patients with heart problems, yet he did anyway.
Jim gained about 60 pounds that year, much of it fluid, and his legs swelled when they never did before.

I told the doctor about that, he blew me off said Jim was drinking too much soda.
He also said there was nothing to worry about regarding the drug, that it was only 1 Senator in D.C. making a stink about it.

Finally,  time goes by, and they recall Avandaryl.
So he puts Jim on the other controversial drug Actos.

We asked him you mean to tell us there is nothing else he can put Jim on, and he said (and I quote) "no, not unless you want to do injections".

Now, fast forward to a couple years ago.

His old doctor retired, forcing us to find another doctor.

The first thing his new doctor did was take him OFF Actos (new doctor was against it) and put him on Janumet, which proved his old former doctor lied to us about there not being any other sugar med Jim could be put on. smh.

Anyhow, Jim lost all that weight and his legs no longer swell.

So our trust in doctors are not all that high.
Not when it comes to putting patients first above drug companies.  :smallundecided:

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Common medicines including cold and flu tablets, heartburn drugs and sleeping pills ' - by senona - 07-09-2016, 08:23 PM