Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Affirmative Action
I've been blessed to have never, in all my days, ever worked at a job where anyone got paid less than anyone else that was doing the same job. In many cases, women were my bosses, and they got paid more, but then again they were my bosses, so, not doing the same job.

I had one boss complain that I was making more. She was a captain, and once when she brought my check to me, she said "do you know how hard it is to turn over a check to someone working for you that is a bigger check than your own?" So I told her that I'm sure if she volunteered to come out in the trenches and put in 18 hour days with hazard pay, she'd be able to make as much as me. She snorted and walked away laughing and shaking her head. we both knew THAT was not gonna happen!

I did work one job that was impacted by Affirmative Action. While we were all getting paid the same for doing the same job, they kept bringing in minorities that were less qualified than I, and in the end moved me right out of that job simply because I was not one of those minorities, and they needed for one to fill my spot. Not my fault that it went to hell in a hand-basket after that - they should have hired and promoted on qualifications and ability rather than skin color.

That's right, I was once the victim of reverse discrimination. Worked out fine for me, though, since I didn't want to work for a bunch of racists anyhow. Didn't work out so well for them, but that wasn't my lookout. I'd already moved on to bigger and better things when they came back 'round wanting me to haul their fat out of the fire.

They could haul their own damned fat after what they did. They were no longer trustworthy enough to work for - if they did it once, they might do it again.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Affirmative Action - by Snarl - 10-27-2022, 01:02 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by Finspiracy - 10-27-2022, 01:07 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-27-2022, 01:58 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by Finspiracy - 10-27-2022, 02:08 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by hounddoghowlie - 10-27-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by Snarl - 11-11-2022, 02:58 AM
RE: Affirmative Action - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 10-27-2022, 03:40 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-27-2022, 06:02 PM
RE: Affirmative Action - by Ninurta - 10-29-2022, 02:28 AM