Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feeling like a lone wolf
(10-15-2022, 06:58 PM)ChiefD Wrote: Thanks for all the sweet heartfelt replies! I really am fortunate, to have all of you as my friends and to have my wonderful hubby. He’s already called me a couple of times today. He’s very excited for me. He does want me to have fun and not worry. I’m getting gussied up for the wedding. I have a nice dress that I will be wearing a sweater and heavy jacket with, as the ceremony is outside. It’s 41F and if we’re lucky, it will get to 47F by the time the wedding happens. That’s without the wind chill. Right now, the wind chill is 34F.

The ceremony should last about half an hour, then we will be indoors for the reception and dinner. I am taking an Uber there and back so I can imbibe. I’m always so happy when I get to see my three nieces and nephew. About the only time we’re all together is for weddings. Now all four of my middle sister’s kids will be married. She sure raised some good ones. Love them to pieces. 

I can’t recall if I mentioned it earlier, but my hubby’s oldest granddaughter is pregnant with her first baby, a girl. The baby is due right around Christmas, so my hubby will be a first time great grandfather. Not bad for someone who just turned 70! Both of us are so excited for her and for my hubby’s daughter, who I’m good friends with. She just seems too young to be a grandmother, but she will make a great one! She’s in her late 40’s and has five kids, so I’m sure there will be more little ones along the way. 

My life is really good and happy. I have bouts of depression that come and go. Having all you Rogues to turn to always lifts my spirits. I’m grateful and thankful for everything I have.

What an awesome post! Made me feel good. Thanks!
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre

Messages In This Thread
Feeling like a lone wolf - by ChiefD - 10-15-2022, 12:55 AM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by Sol - 10-15-2022, 01:45 AM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by VioletDove - 10-15-2022, 02:10 AM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by Finspiracy - 10-15-2022, 04:33 AM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 10-15-2022, 04:16 PM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by senona - 10-15-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by ChiefD - 10-15-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by Snarl - 10-15-2022, 07:06 PM
RE: Feeling like a lone wolf - by Finspiracy - 10-16-2022, 01:28 AM