Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Can't Stop Laughing. What Do You See?
(09-28-2022, 05:37 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I will say this; it was not an easy visual to figure out at first glance (because there is no real context, or scale).  I'm still not sure I have it 100% figured out accurately. 

Funny how good it feels when you are not standing alone in your confusion.

Thank you FCD.

I agree that the video is lacking content, and even though my brain has made a decision about what is shown in the video, I still have a few milliseconds of uncertainty when I re-watch it.

This sort of explains my condition. The biggest difference is that I did not teach myself to do it, and I am still battling how to undo it.

Mastering Seeing Negative Space

Quote:Most of what we see are objects that occupy space, from the cup of coffee in your hand to the trees and buildings lining the street. We are surrounded by configurations of matter that pierce reality and comprise positive space. Not “positive” in the good sense of the word, but as yang is to yin: the opposite of the void that is negative space.

It is through this shadowy emptiness that we walk, talk, see, and live; negative space is the impossible cellophane layer that drapes the known world and is invisible to all but to the most perceptive minds.

It is possible to learn to see negative space though, in both the visual and imagined worlds. The first step is developing the ability to see, and the second is learning — as romantic poet John Keats put it — to be “capable of being in uncertainties, mysteries, doubts, without any irritable reaching after fact & reason.”

https://medium.com/genius-week/seeking-g...7c755f641f

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Can't Stop Laughing. What Do You See? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-28-2022, 06:14 PM