Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
50 migrants, Oregon & Spooky flights to Martha's Vineyard
Good morning! This is a confusing thread. I can only comment on the Venezuelans in Martha's Vineyard. Getting my flame suite on  tinybiggrin

I have heard this referred to by the media as "horrific", "illegal", and akin to the "holocaust". Therefore, it must be something running counter-narrative and none of those things mentioned. 

In my mind, I need to put it in perspective. These 50 or so folks came here illegally. On their own accord or "invited" makes no difference. If you murder or rape someone because you were invited to do so, makes what difference? The laws were not followed and all involved know that. The legal system is being selectively ignored. What do you call that when laws are not applied to everyone and used only as political leverage? 

The thousands who come here every week under the same circumstances venture out over the entire country. Whether ICE buses/fly's them to a destination, illegal criminal networks send them to a destination, or they make their way on their own. We have the governmental authorities, criminal cartels, or individuals all doing the same thing. How did this situation differ in any meaningful way?

I know quite a few folks who are all woke and promote the whole "no humans are illegal", "love over hate", etc. etc. Not one of them is housing illegal immigrants, "international visitors", asylum seekers, or whatever name you care to use. In this case we had the wokies of Martha's Vineyard playing the role of major hypocrites. They felt all virtuous and high minded until that which they promoted from afar landed on their doorstep. NIMBY much? Or maybe the brown people were not manicuring their lawns and or cleaning their toilets? Maybe they need new signs. 

You cannot advocate for what is happening at the border (as an individual or a city/state) and then not step up to play a solid role in the easily predictable circumstances. In this case, it seems we have a self-appointed caste of Americans who use this nonsense (see sign below) as a cover for their over inflated sense of importance. They have zero intention of actually living these espoused virtues. Because that is not the point of all this. It is merely a cudgel to beat other people up. To demean them. That is the heart of woke. 

Some data to consider. Martha's Vineyard has about 17,000 residents. There were 50 Venezuelans. Del Rio, Texas has about 35,000 residents. In the same month, they experienced 46,000+ "visitors". More than the number of citizens of the town. Yet, all the blue/loving/sanctuary places repeat over and over they cannot handle all these people. They don't have the means. First, if you cannot walk the walk, you need to shut up with the talk. Second, what makes the border towns in Texas or Arizona any different than NYC, DC, or Martha's Vineyard? Nothing. Except that they are far away.    

[Image: 62449547-11216207-For_several_years_many...1389&ssl=1]

Messages In This Thread
RE: 50 migrants, Oregon & Spooky flights to Martha's Vineyard - by ABNARTY - 09-21-2022, 02:48 PM