Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
"Duo", An App My Job Wants Us To Add To Our Phones.
(09-16-2022, 01:05 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(09-16-2022, 06:29 AM)kdog Wrote: Definitely ask for a company phone. 

You should not be forced to use your personal for work unless they are willing to pay for it.

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" ☝☝☝☝☝

Take the government cell ... and only use it during duty hours.

Remember ... especially in your line of work ... that the implied tasks that come with carrying a phone change your pay status.  You move from 'whatever' to stand-by.  Stand-by status is usually a 10% increase in your base pay (at least it is on the Fed side). If you work for the Fed, take the phone, and then make an appointment at CPAC/CPOC to get your PD updated. When you retire, you can split the difference in your retirement pay with me.  tinylaughing

I would not right now make any noise about a raise in pay. They just raised our pay by a "significant" amount, less than a year ago. Most of what I have ever asked for, they have given me, without much of a fight. In fact, they are always asking me, what I need.

This is not about money. I just don't want any more of my personal information sitting in a government database, than is absolutely necessary. Though even that point is probably mute.

Having started life being raised on military bases, growing up as an Army brat, working for the Navy, after high school, having spent four years in the Air Force, and my father working for the CIA, they probably already have a file on me greater than the encyclopedia Britannica.

At this stage of my life, and working for the State, this file would likely be named, "Epilogue".

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Duo", An App My Job Wants Us To Add To Our Phones. - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 09-16-2022, 02:32 PM