Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Feral Hogs and night vision
I remember catching a Myth Buster episode where they used a foam board insulation sheet to hide their infrared heat signature and get past a security camera. Eventually I looked into different methods to hide or obscure a heat signature, but never looked into much footage of situations where the cameras are in use. In that video the low light equipment seems just as good while there is enough light to use them, better even.

If you totally block your heat signature, the shadow or void you create is a give away, so it would be better to obscure your heat signature with a camo pattern that blends the heat into the background. It seems that with the low light optics, camo is absolutely necessary.

In both cases I notice that the woods and thickets in the far background couldn't be looked through and acted like a wall. This equipment was working best in the open, so that supports the idea that planes, choppers, drones and other high up perspectives would be harder to hide from under trees, thickets and other natural cover.

Now, if you were trying to hide from an enemy that is using this equipment and you were using the same, it could even the playing field considerably. I wonder how effective standard issue military camo is? What about ghillie suits?

Messages In This Thread
Feral Hogs and night vision - by 727Sky - 08-28-2022, 08:08 AM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by Snarl - 08-28-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by 727Sky - 08-29-2022, 03:15 AM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by ABNARTY - 08-30-2022, 10:28 PM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by ABNARTY - 08-30-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by Snarl - 08-31-2022, 03:13 PM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 08-29-2022, 02:40 PM
RE: Feral Hogs and night vision - by Snarl - 08-29-2022, 03:31 PM