Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disruptions on The Patriot Hangout Forum on TapaTalk
I just posted this over on ATS. Thought you guys might want to know about this.

The group known as The Patriot Hangout is an active forum with a large membership at "tapatalk.com". I joined it back when Parlor got canceled because I was afraid ATS and other forums like it would get the same treatment. They have so many of the same subjects on the threads there as on here (ATS) that I have been keeping track of it and posting fairly frequently.

Just the other day a member there was having trouble linking through a search engine and got the following message . . . 

Quote:Oops, no Groups found under the name 'thepatriothangout'. Would you like to create a new group on Tapatalk?

That member said in that post that they worried The Patriot Hangout was getting the axe by big brother. There was a discussion about another mirror board that they had but rarely checked on. I chimed in with another board of my own that I have on a different server in hopes someone might end up there and get a hold of me if it did get canceled.

At the time I didn't think much about that as I had my own group on Tapatalk and had no problem getting to it or doing anything on it. However, just now I'm getting the same message for the hangout, then after a few tries, the main board comes up but any thread links I try, there is the message again. It doesn't seem to matter how I try, bookmark, directly inputting the address, search result links, using firefox and chrome, whatever. Yet, it doesn't seem to be a server problem as I can still access my group and do whatever I want. The group owner has a mirror forum with another server and just provided the link, one that I can't use when I can even get the main page to come up. Apparently he thought it was important enough to have a standby, I should have found the link and gone to it before when I could have.

I was just wondering if some members here know of this forum group or may be members there and what they have been experiencing. Maybe someone could try accessing the group on tapatalk and see what they get, a search engine will get you the link (thepatriothangout tapatalk).

I posted this to make it clearer . . .

"The Patriot Hangout is (or was) a really well moderated forum, there wasn't anything that radical about the topics, it was all the same current news reports you'd see on ATS. No one voiced any extreme views really, there weren't any serious trolls, just a bunch of good folks that have some brain cells to rub together. I felt very welcome there and never found anything objectionable in the threads.

Many have never heard of it and I never would have found it if I didn't already have a group of my own there. I figured I search that platform first and see what was there, most of the forums I found are ghost towns."

Then this post in reply to another.

". . . that's why I went searching for an obscure forum somewhere that had a large active membership with free speech and topics I like. I figured something like that wouldn't be in the spotlight but it seems to have gotten jacked pretty good somehow. Low hanging fruit perhaps? I've gotten on a few little known forums like that, maybe they are next?"

I hope RN3 isn't next, I'll be running out of options soon.

Messages In This Thread
Disruptions on The Patriot Hangout Forum on TapaTalk - by Michigan Swamp Buck - 08-24-2022, 04:52 AM