Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dream Last Night. Hopefully NOT Prophetic!
Greeting RN3 Kiddos! Hope today finds you well fed, literally!

Dream I had last night, hoping really hard that it's not prophetic:

It's Autumn, weather has cooled but not yet Halloween because decorations and candy still on the store shelves so maybe late September or early October. Kdog and I go to do our monthly grocery re-stock. The price of nearly all food items and paper good has either tripled or quadrupled! I ask why the prices have risen so high and am told that the warehouses finally ran out of goods stocked since the previous year so now all they have is what has arrived recently-which isn't near as much- and scarcity and demand has caused price increases. I'm told to get whatever I need NOW as there probably wont be more anytime soon.

I know, a dream is just a dream... until it isn't. That "Dark Winter of Death" that Biden's team keeps threatening could very well be on its way for real this time, only instead of people dying from covid or the vaccines or even because of power outages maybe it is because people either can't afford to eat or just can't find food in the stores. All I know is the Bible predicts such a time when it costs a full days wages for enough food for one single day. Maybe that time is coming sooner than we anticipated.

Some are prepared for such a time (as well as they can be, finances permitting) but many are not. Whichever side of that you fall on I think next time we all head to the market it probably wouldn't hurt to pick up a few extra non-perishables. A few dollars will still buy you a small bag of dried beans and a small bag of rice for now. It might not feed you long term but it could tide you over a few extra days until you figure out what to do next.

I'm not trying to scare anyone but the dream isn't really far fetched. Every time we go to the store we get less and less for the same amount of money. I'm sure most of you are experiencing the same. Just another warning that it is better to be safe than sorry.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Dream Last Night. Hopefully NOT Prophetic! - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 08-18-2022, 09:30 PM