Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When Cancel Culture Hits Home
While I feel some sympathy for the guy, he really should have known better. Maybe I'm just cynical and callous as I get older, but even being the libby that I am, I would never have thought to put something like this out there. He could have vented to his wife, his kids, get it off his chest without exposing himself to blowing up everything that he worked for.

I thank God I don't work anymore. I was close to putting out a YouTube video out there around Independence Day to state my feelings about how messed up this country is and that I don't feel the least patriotic or proud to be an American. But in the end, I chickened out. While I don't have a job to lose, most of my friends are military veterans, patriotic, and conservative. I don't want to lose the few friends I have. And I know my hubby would have talked me out of it if he were still at home. He's always been the voice of reason. 

I absolutely hate cancel culture. It can cut both ways. It cancels liberals, conservatives, and everyone in between. People are so touchy. I feel I have to be so careful what I say on Facebook and Twitter, and when I'm around my family and friends. Rogue Nation is the only place I feel "safe" to post how I really feel. I know it does offend some, but you all have been very patient. 

BTW, I love, love, love ChikFilA. I don't care if they are anti gay, I just love their chicken. I don't boycott places due to their political or religious beliefs. I enjoyed shopping at Hobby Lobby before they closed down all their stores. I just think life is too short to be boycotting stuff. If I like something/someone, I don't care what they do in their sex life, their beliefs, etc. I love listening to Kid Rock, Charlie Daniels God rest his soul. They are both conservative. So what? Their music rocks! Maybe I'm not your typical libby, but whatever.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by ChiefD - 07-28-2022, 08:59 PM
RE: When Cancel Culture Hits Home - by Ninurta - 07-29-2022, 01:40 AM