Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress
(07-23-2022, 12:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-22-2022, 11:54 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think the time is near when we each are going to have make that decision.

Taking a stand is easy. Remaining on your feet takes more than conviction and courage.

You have to fear kneeling more than you fear standing.

At this stage of the game I fear living in this world man has created, and where he plans to take us, more than I do dying.

I have always said, ever since I was a teenage mutant ninja hillbilly newly capable of forming political thought, that I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees.

I still stand by that, to this day. Tomorrow, I slip another year chit under my belt, and to be honest I am truly surprised that I am still standing at all. I really expected to die a lot younger than this, and have to wonder why in the world I'm still sticking around. It's nothing short of miraculous to my mind, all things in the past considered. Maybe all that has gone before was just training for what's coming ahead.

I failed to make a plan for living this long, yet here I am, so I take it as it comes, each day to itself.

When you take a stand, you are not always going to remain standing. The facts are revealed in how well you can take the kicks and punches once they drag you down.

Beyond that, truth is revealed in whether or not you get back up, and dare the bastards to try it again.

But you can NEVER expect to stay on your feet the whole time you are taking that stand. Sometimes, you cannot stand solid like an oak, you have to instead flow like water until you can stand up again downstream, and take another run at it.

But you NEVER give up, you NEVER give in, and you NEVER stop running at it until you get to the finish line.

I don't want to sound like a braggart. I am not pretending to be noble, or brave.

If my Mother can be trusted, I have been a rebellious little shit, from the time I was born.

I had the crap beat out me by the biggest bully in the town. Then went back the next day, and beat the shit out him while he was sitting on his bike. I knew I couldn't let him up, so I didn't. He finally got off his bike and ran away. He made a deal with me to get his bike back, and we became good friends.

I soon became known around town as that crazy girl. Funny thing is that now, all these years later, I have a neighbor that warns all the new folk to be careful of me, because I am crazy. Now that is only because I told him if I caught him stealing dirt off my land again I was going to shoot him, and he knew I meant it.

I was born stiff necked and determined. I know it is not easy for most people. They have been told all their lives that the best approach is to go along and get along. 

I always scored high on the "works and plays well with others" box on my report card, and always scored low on the respect for authority category.

"Because I said so", was never an acceptable response for me. So yeah, I am used to paying the price for noncompliance. 

My mother said I almost killed her, and me, fighting to not come into this world. Looks like I am going to have to fight when leaving as well.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-23-2022, 12:39 AM