Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress
(07-22-2022, 11:24 PM)Ninurta. Wrote:
Quote:ETA; Steve Bannon just found guilty of refusing to talk to the government. Now we will see just how far he is willing to go to enforce his own rights, whether governmental coercion works on him or not. Peter Navarro's test of his own rights is up next.

Now Bannon, in this case, took the wrong tactic to defend his rights by asserting "executive privilege". A "privilege" is issued to you by the government, and therefore may be revoked by them at will. Instead, his defense would have been on firmer ground if he simply said "I have a right not to speak with anyone I don't want to, and I have a right not to associate with anyone I don't want to. I choose not to speak or associate with a congressional witch-burning." and then declared himself to be a political prisoner in a government gulag when they jail him. When they do, they are demonstrating that there is NO difference between them and Stalin when he marched folks to gulags in the Soviet Union. It is a purely political punishment for a purely political action in a purely political "hearing" designed solely to punish political opponents. Textbook definition of a political prisoner, which is something the US used to stand against many years ago when I was a young man.

They would have of course whomped him anyhow, because the Overlords always suffer a fit of pique when anyone tells them to go pound sand, they are not to sort of people he wants to associate with. Still, I would have had more respect for his stance had he demonstrated an understanding of "rights" rather than fall back on the weaker concept of "privilege". When you start playing by THEIR rules, which an assertion of "privilege" most certainly is, you lose the initiative and hand it over to them on a silver platter. There are no percentages in giving your opponent the initiative and letting them set the rules for YOUR rights.

I think the time is near when we each are going to have make that decision.

Taking a stand is easy. Remaining on your feet takes more than conviction and courage.

You have to fear kneeling more than you fear standing.

At this stage of the game I fear living in this world man has created, and where he plans to take us, more than I do dying.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steve Bannon found guilty of contempt of Congress - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-22-2022, 11:54 PM