Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm
@"Ninurta" 

I should have clarified in my comments that when it comes to local positions in my area, like city aldermen, clerk of courts, county clerk, county board members, etc, I'd say most of those positions are republicans, and have no opposition. I actually personally know some of them from when I used to work for the county. They aren't really partisan, so if I think that person has been doing well, of course I will vote for them. So my saying I'd never vote for republicans was a little off the mark. 

Also, if a republican is a military veteran, I am more likely to consider that. I think it's important that more veterans run for office and are in office. So there's that. I can't actually recall the last time, if ever that I have voted a straight party ticket. That wouldn't work for the many local offices here. When George W. Bush ran for President against John Kerry, I voted for Bush. I couldn't stand Kerry, and thought of him as an elitist snob. So there's that. That's the last time I voted republican for a major office. I didn't like Hilary Clinton either, but it was one of those hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils thing. I had actually voted for Bernie Sanders in the democratic primaries, and I wanted him to beat Clinton so badly. I cried when he pulled out of the race. 

I agree with you that voting a straight party ticket is a bad idea. I am flexible when I feel I need to be. And Trump still scares the living shit out of me. I hope and pray neither he nor Biden run again. That would be an epic disaster IMHO.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm - by ChiefD - 07-17-2022, 09:16 PM