Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm
(07-16-2022, 06:07 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: I was thinking about this and was having a hard time articulating it, but I'll give it a try.

Why (normal) democrats should vote republican this midterm(and likely in the 2024 presidential).

I think that you have a much broader political range in the R party, you have entrenched politicians that will lie to you and do nothing, entrenched R's that will say one thing but be much more moderate or left leaning as well as the new breed of MAGA types that are new to the political arena that are probably less aligned with your centrist views, but atleast there is some variety.

Whomever you vote for, on that spectrum, you'll atleast have some semblance of america, even if your political identity is hating the conservative view of america, atleast voting in such a manner will leave something left for you to shout and scream at the sky and hate, while you are able to live a life better than 99 percent of the rest of the world.

Otherwise, if you are, as a moderate, just going to throw fuel on the fire of the radical leftists posing as your party, you probably won't have anything left to hate.

Sure, you can still scream about all the "far right wingers" as the WEF flushes us all down the drain and you can try to articulate nuanced opinions on constitutional rights as chinese "peacekeepers" lock down the streets and demand your papers.

It seems pretty clear cut to me. At this point, even someone who hates america should vote for any republican over a democrate, for the simple reason to keep what you hate alive. What is life without having something to hate?

Okay, there's a lot to unpack here. First, why do you assume that just because someone is a democrat/liberal that they hate America? I don't hate America. I love America. There are times that I really don't like America, but one is able to not like but still love something if that makes any sense. I love America, but hate what's going on politically. At times I'm ashamed of America, but I still love it, and I absolutely will not move out of this country, no matter how bad things get.

And I'm very careful who I vote for. If I think someone is too far left/progressive, I will figure out what to do. I don't see myself voting for any republicans, as I think they are what's causing the horrible divide in this country. Having said that, I won't vote for Biden again. I hope he does not run again, as I feel he's just getting too old. I would slit my wrists before voting for Trump. At times, I think Trump is the antichrist. I'm sick of voting for the lesser of two evils. I will not do that again. I will vote with my brains and my conscience. 

There are many different kinds of democrats too. So I feel there is equal or more political range of democrats than republicans. As irritated as I get with Senator Manchin at times, I think he's the kind of democrat that would make a good President. He's more moderate and common sense driven. I don't know if he's planning to run, but I probably would vote for him. 

But I am not willing to compromise my principles and vote for a republican. I feel there are many more radical right wing than radical leftists. It is the right wing that spreads a significant percentage of misinformation and conspiracy theories. Many of them are rude.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Democrats should vote for Republicans this midterm - by ChiefD - 07-16-2022, 10:12 PM