Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Massive Rogers outage impacting cellphones, internet and debit payments across Canada
(07-08-2022, 09:24 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 08:01 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Kind of hard to make a call on this one without more information we will never see. 

It could just be something broken. It happens. Software failure. Server goes down. A company looking to cut corners and weakens the system. 

It could be external interference. Cyber attack as mentioned. From whom?

China? Russia? Non-governmental entity? 

Or is it something more tin foil hat-ish? A warning? A test? Something part of a larger campaign? 

The land line and cash on hand are always good advice.

I have thought about this a time or two. I am not sure about landlines. They have failed me in every big storm we have had here in Florida. Living in the woods puts us at the end of the list for service. With our last big storm, we were without phone service for three whole months. Taught me I could live without it. Electricity has been just as bad in the past, but they just reinforced our system this year, so it will remain to be seen, how stable the electricity will be.

My family knows where I am. It will be their job to get here. I have told them all, if the SHTF, act like my house is Mother Abigail's, and for them to get their behinds here as quickly as they can.

Testing for reactions seems to be at the top of the list, imo.
One of the critical pieces of "their" plans, across the board, seems to be tracking everyone...and, if "they" cannot 'see' everyone via "their"/their personal tracking devices (cell/smart phones), imagine all the mischief that could be had during such outages...

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

Messages In This Thread
RE: Massive Rogers outage impacting cellphones, internet and debit payments across Canada - by Minstrel - 07-09-2022, 02:08 PM