Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Federal Reserve Wants To Lower Your Paycheck
I heard about this from Russell Brand. And I agree with him that this may indeed be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Quote:Federal Reserve chair and former private equity exec Jerome Powell has promised to tackle inflation by lowering workers’ wages. At the same time, he has declined to implement a law to reduce the skyrocketing paychecks of his former colleagues on Wall Street.
https://jacobin.com/2022/06/federal-rese...-inflation

I was visiting with a friend earlier this week and she was lamenting that her 24 year old son, won't get a job. I asked her why he needed a job. I pointed out that he does not need money. He has everything he wants. He gets up when he wants to. He goes to bed when he wants to. He eats when he wants to. She takes him any place he wants to go. I asked her, what was his incentive to get a job. He has none.

I ask this same question in the opposite direction. Why would anyone get up and go to work for a company that is paying them less money for the work they do? Why would anyone work more for less, when all their expenses is increasing across the board. They are pricing people out of their homes, making food and gas hard to obtain, and I guess it just is not disintegrating fast enough. So down with the hammer? Cut your wages. Yep, that is the ticket.

If you are going to have to accept the fact that you will have to do without, even if you are working hard, at some point it makes very little sense to continue to work for less, only to get less.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
The Federal Reserve Wants To Lower Your Paycheck - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-24-2022, 09:51 PM