Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
History Has Been Made InThe US This Week
(06-24-2022, 08:04 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-24-2022, 04:23 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: I agree, in fact i don't think you should have to have a license at all, but here I might face some disagreement. I do agree that nut jobs and people that have committed and convicted of violent crimes using firearms or any short of weapon shouldn't be able to carry or even own one, that's just common sense.

Could make for some interesting debate.  I know I don't want strangers on my property carrying firearms. In fact, if you come up on my property toting, you might be surprised to find holes appearing all over yourself before you hear any words at all. I don't think the President should have strangers roaming around the White House carrying firearms ... he and his family live there. But, other government buildings ... why not?

I don't think felons should be prohibited from carrying firearms.  In fact, I think that's complete bullshit. Felons probably have a greater need for self-defense than Regular Joe. If you think there's going to be a future problem with a felon ... keep their ass behind bars ... where they belong. Once they've paid what they owe, they're square with the house and should be allowed to resume their lives ... not running on some second-chance bullshit.  If they're getting a second chance ... let 'em take it in another country ... but, better to just keep 'em locked away from the rest of us.

Imagine this scenario: When anyone is scheduled to be released from prison, they are forced to purchase a firearm and required to carry it for a week before being discharged.  Think how quickly the prison culture would reform itself. -chuckle

The people with firearms who scare me the most are the ones who don't realize how dangerous they (the untrained) actually are.

Quote:I know I don't want strangers on my property carrying firearms. In fact, if you come up on my property toting, you might be surprised to find holes appearing all over yourself before you hear any words at all. I don't think the President should have strangers roaming around the White House carrying firearms ... he and his family live there. But, other government buildings ... why not?

not carrying on someone else private property makes for good manners, carrying on private property that is open to the public and not posted as a gun free zone i don't see as a problem. if posted as gun free then it should be honored.

the white house yea that's a no brainier, other government buildings well, that's another story. aren't schools government buildings, the capitol, courthouses, Navy, Army, or any other military bases.

three shootings come to mind in government buildings, the Census Bureau in 2015,  in the capitol building around 1998 or 99, where a nut job went in and shot two capitol police, another was the in the Navy Yard in DC in 2013 i think it was. there are other at the federal, state and local levels than have happened over the years. now granted they were already gun free zones, and that didn't stop people from doing it.

but say someone is carrying legally or by their right, and goes down to the courthouse, county clerks offices, or any other gov building to take care of some sort of business, something happens where the government screwed him over and he goes off ( it has been known to happen, i'm sure everybody here has been down to the court house, county clerks office, DMV and been told by one of the pencils pushers some that pisses you off and nothing you can do about it)  pulls his pistol empties the magazine, reloads and empties it a second time, killing bunch of people and wounding others before he is killed or captured by who ever, be it law enforcement or another armed citizen.  wouldn't that be a good enough reason to restrict even law abiding citizens from carrying in government buildings. if before he went in was stopped at the door and told to check his weapon or take it home and secure it. after all the people working there are not all assholes their just doing a job trying to make a living, now they are dead because some nut job or sane person who went off got in with a firearm.

on the convicted felon deal, if the crime is not a violent one and it wasn't committed with weapon be a a firearm or anything else then yea rights should be restored, which in some states the felon can request them to be restored. but if any kind weapon is used, gun, knife, car, baseball bat, brick or what ever, and their released, all rights but owning a firearm, should be restored. I believe in the benefit of doubt and having paid your debt, but they have already shown their not above using a weapon on someone, a gun is much easier to use than most of them other than a car, the others you have to get up close and personal. a car and firearm not so much.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: History Has Been Made InThe US This Week - by hounddoghowlie - 06-24-2022, 09:49 PM