Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I believe cats are descended from a planet other than Earth
They are special alright.

Quote:Scientists agree that most modern cat species only evolved from their ancestors in the last 1 million years. This means that the diversity in cats is higher than ever before, and that the prehistoric cats were more like one another than a house cat is similar to a tiger today.

The genus of cats we are most concerned with as pet owners is Felis. These cats include the house cat, Chinese mountain cat, Jungle cat, and the Black-footed cat.  The domestic cat is unlike the rest of these cats, because its evolution is almost strictly because of artificial selection by humans. All other cat species evolve to fit the environment they belong in naturally, while humans pick and choose which cats breed and which cats do not.

The domestication of the house cat has led to numerous breeds of cats emerging, each artificially bred for certain characteristics. However, as a species, domestic cats still share some similarities like their size, claws, eyes, and skull shape. It is likely that the domestic house cat was preadapted to life with humans.

Before domestication, the cats that would be taken in by people across the globe were already incredibly curious, small, social, and highly intelligent. It can be inferred that your pet cat’s connection to its prehistoric ancestors is quite strong!

https://petozy.com/blogs/about-cats/preh...prehistory.

My two are in the middle of morphing into canine felis.

Same litter, two completely different personalities.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: I believe cats are descended from a planet other than Earth - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-20-2022, 01:09 AM