Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui
OK, it was me.
There's a nice pub in Aviemore and one Whisky led to another.... what can I say?

Actually...
Most of the reports that I've seen regarding the Grey Man of Ben Macdui fit very well within the characteristics of the "Broken Spectre" explanation.
There was a documentary a while back, where they visited Ben Macdui and tried to re-create the conditions which might explain many of the "sightings". It was quite remarkable how scary the phenomena (and that place) is!
The upper reaches of Ben Macdui are remote, barren, rocky, isolated and oppressive, with jagged rock formations, often covered with snow & ice. It's a scary place to be, and the nature of the slab-sided rock formations creates many weird echoes...
Strange footsteps following your own are often reported, which seem to stop when you do... (Could that just be weird echoes?)

Also, the rising mists/low cloud can definitely create the "broken spectre" imagery which was mentioned in the video.
That is basically where the low sun projects your own shadow onto a bank of cloud/fog/mist creating a huge humanoid shadow figure, which (obviously) follows your own movements.

The oppressive, isolated & lonely nature of the remote location, when combined with strange echoing footsteps and a huge grey man-shadow would be a VERY scary thing to experience. And it could explain a great many of the encounters.

I haven't previously heard about any persistent hum or strange languages heard, I may need to look into that a wee bit.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]

Messages In This Thread
The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui - by guohua - 06-07-2022, 10:41 PM
RE: The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui - by gordi - 06-08-2022, 11:41 AM
RE: The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui - by guohua - 06-08-2022, 04:36 PM
RE: The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui - by Ninurta - 06-09-2022, 05:33 AM
RE: The Grey Man Of Ben Macdui - by gordi - 06-10-2022, 04:17 PM