Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Killer Waves
I sailed on those gigantic waves and went through a CAT4 hurricane, twice. Largest recorded wave we hit was ~45 feet. Course, that was on a Navy warship and felt like being stuffed in a barrel and kicked down the road for 12 hours. However, once we entered the eye of the storm it was awe inspiring. The sea turned to a pond, sunny, blue sky. Going through the backend of the storm was absolute hell and thought for sure we were going to capsize. Literally could walk on the bulkheads. We even did an unrep (refueling at sea) during a fierce storm with the occasional rogue wave nailing us. We had to tie ourselves to the ship's railing.
Constant Negative G's & being slammed to the deck really do a number on you. We bent a prop including the shaft and spent 2 months in drydock hell.

I surfed the waves on the north shore of Oahu, but NEVER in the winter. Did once and nearly drowned, would have drowned for sure if it wasn't for a cute surfer girl who saved my ass.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Messages In This Thread
Killer Waves - by 727Sky - 05-16-2022, 03:27 AM
RE: Killer Waves - by Snarl - 05-16-2022, 03:36 AM
RE: Killer Waves - by ABNARTY - 05-18-2022, 02:46 AM
RE: Killer Waves - by 727Sky - 05-18-2022, 03:23 AM
RE: Killer Waves - by EndtheMadnessNow - 05-18-2022, 03:51 AM
RE: Killer Waves - by Snarl - 05-18-2022, 01:01 PM