Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Internet providers to cut broadband costs for low-income Americans
Shocked 
I have mixed feelings on this. Where I live, there's only 1 cable company which provides good internet. The service is good and you pay $60/month (internet only, I dropped cable years ago) But only for the first year. It's  about 125mbps. But it's not unlimited, they throttled data usage to 1.2 tb after Covid.(which for someone who just got an Xbox series x is no bueno). 

But my year is up now and it's going up to $75 on my next payment. This particular company is notorious for continuing to raise the rates for no reason. The only other options are DSL (which is terrible) or Satallite.

I don't make tons of money but I do need internet for both work and play. I refuse to get unlimited data on my phone when I have Wi-Fi.... So I dunno. I'd be happy with $30/month lol. However, I don't think it should be turned into another social program when the country is already bankrupt. However, they can afford to continually send billions to Ukraine, a country which is not a part of NATO, almost just as corrupt as Russia and has no bearing on our lives here in the U.S.

Sorry for all the edits, I left a lot of stuff out.
- I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Internet providers to cut broadband costs for low-income Americans - by Wookiep - 05-13-2022, 03:40 AM