Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Group Of Tourist Vacationers Trip Ends In Death
(05-10-2022, 06:00 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 04:17 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote: Wasn't there something similar a few years back in the Dominican Republic with tourists dying from unknown causes? I seem to remember reading news stories about that. I wonder if there is some kind of tie in. Seems awfully coincidental. Tourist dying in the Caribbean of unknown causes. Hmmm!

Yes, I remember that story/stories. Here's one:

Quote:FBI Probing Why Some U.S. Tourists Have Died Mysteriously In The Dominican Republic (June 12, 2019)

The FBI is now helping local authorities in the Dominican Republic examine the mysterious deaths of three Americans who were staying at resorts in the island country in recent weeks, an FBI official has confirmed to NPR.

Since news of the deaths has spread, relatives of four additional Americans who died there over the past year have raised concerns.

Although there are similarities in the seven deaths — most are described as happening suddenly, and several after an alcoholic drink — federal officials have not determined whether there is any connection between any of the deaths.

Quote:Is It Safe To Travel To The Dominican Republic? (2022 Update)

A rash of incidents in 2019 involving tainted alcohol that resulted in 11 deaths prompted many to ask whether it’s safe to travel to the Dominican Republic.

The good news is that those incidents have receded into the rear-view mirror, and there have been no reports of suspicious deaths of American tourists over the last 24 months.

Furthermore, the strengthening of a dedicated tourist police force has enhanced the safety of popular destinations like Punta Cana.

The bad news, such as it is, is that the U.S. State Department has the Dominican Republic as a Level 4 – ”Do Not Travel” – country because of COVID-19 concerns, with crime a lingering issue.

"The good news"? tinyhuh But, don't worry about the Level 4 and Covid scam is least of anyone's worries.
So the 'official ' word is it was tainted alcohol. That is news to me. Plausible I suppose.
ALL OUR HEROES ARE WHORES

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

ACTION ALWAYS OUTWEIGHS WORDS

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NECESSARY

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Group Of Tourist Vacationers Trip Ends In Death - by AmericanBuffalo - 05-10-2022, 06:18 PM