Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Freedom of choice or is it?
(05-09-2022, 09:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 08:35 PM)AmericanBuffalo Wrote: I am unsure of what the percentage of people actually read through user agreements for the various tech devices, apps and software they use everyday. I would guess it is quite low. I would guess that because I have read many through the years and in doing so read how I would be agreeing to having information mined from my activities and then presented back to me as suggestions. To put it simply. So I really don't use much tech. Keep it very limited and still realize just by using it I have compromised my freedoms in some ways with agreeing with some of these user agreements. I think there is a conditioning affect from this in people.

We are constantly in the situation were we are giving implied consent.

Quote:Implied consent is consent inferred from a person's actions and the facts and circumstances of a particular situation (or in some cases, by a person's silence or inaction).

We consent often by compliance, by doing nothing, or by saying nothing. It can be very tricky, and in a lot of cases, it is designed to be so, because consent by deception is very prevalent in our society today.
You are right on to some of what I am trying to convey. Not sure if my writing gets to the crux. As I stated I am having difficulty trying to articulate this.
ALL OUR HEROES ARE WHORES

EXTERMINATE THE BRUTES

ACTION ALWAYS OUTWEIGHS WORDS

PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY IS NECESSARY

Messages In This Thread
Freedom of choice or is it? - by AmericanBuffalo - 05-09-2022, 08:35 PM
RE: Freedom of choice or is it? - by AmericanBuffalo - 05-09-2022, 09:55 PM