Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.8 Average
Please don’t paint us all with the same broad brush
(04-30-2022, 04:07 AM)ChiefD Wrote: I like listening to conservative talk radio. I love Rogue Nation. I belong to ATS too but don’t do too much posting there anymore because people there tend to be rude and nasty. I am a military veteran, a Christian, and a liberal. Believe it or not, those are not mutually exclusive. I don’t want to defund the police. I don’t believe in open borders. I believe our police and border patrol need more personnel and they work their asses off to keep this country safe. We should increase funding to law enforcement, not cut it. I believe in kindness towards all. I try to live my life with purpose and integrity. I don’t believe in big government. 

I believe there are extremists on both sides of the political spectrum. But I’m not some window breaking lawless person throwing rocks. I sure as hell ain’t woke. I am not some crybaby snowflake who is triggered all the time. But I see so many posts and hear on conservative podcasts that anyone who is liberal is many of the things I mentioned above, and we get called all kinds of nasty names. Oh, and it takes a lot to offend me. I laugh at politically incorrect inappropriate things all the time. So why do liberals get painted with the same broad brush all the time? It pisses me off. No, I’m not triggered, nor offended. Annoyed, yeah. 

I’d say most of my friends are conservative. They are intelligent, nice, funny, and I will not dump anyone just because they disagree with me politically. Unfortunately, some of my conservative friends have dumped me. So who is triggered here? I feel like I’m not. Being liberal, I have an attitude of “whatever floats your boat.” You do you boo. As long as it isn’t hurting anyone, go for it.

I do not think that all conservatives are racist Trump worshippers. So how about give us liberals a break and a chance. We don’t all bite. Okay, only when I’m provoked, but whatever, LOL! Please have an open mind and don’t paint us all with the same broad brush. We all are pretty diverse in this country after all.

I’ll paint whoever I want with whatever da fuck I want, fweedumb baby  minusculebeercheers

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please don’t paint us all with the same broad brush - by Brotherman - 05-04-2022, 08:55 AM