Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where to they come from???...The snakes??
(04-14-2022, 04:00 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Not saying your little buddy got in like that but snakes can get in through plumbing, drains, ductwork, etc. 

Mom's house is sealed up tight and she still got a moccasin inside. There was no other way it could have gotten in but through the toilet or through either the tub or sink drain.

Do you have any drains in your basement? Like a floor drain or a washing machine drain, or maybe a dryer duct?

One of those could be your answer.

Hmmmm....floor drains in basement are all taped off, BUT dryer vent may well be an issue!

We had disconnected, and rerouted, the dryer vent when we built a deck on the front of the house.  I'm not 100% sure we dogged-off that vent opening well enough to completely critter-proof it...now that you mention it!  Got so caught up in building the deck when we constructed it, I never went back and checked!

Great observation!!  Thanks!!

(I would have never thought of that unless you'd mentioned it!  That's been 3-4 years now...and I'll bet that's EXACTLY how they're getting in!)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where to they come from???...The snakes?? - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-14-2022, 05:17 PM