Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sir John Glubb's "The Fate of Empires"
(04-11-2022, 12:50 PM)727Sky Wrote: Something I lifted from a story I wrote a few years ago
Quote:Most of the thinking people who have read history the world over, have known the end results of various forms of human controlled governments for thousands of years . The question has always been when and how the final fall would happen regardless of the type of government.

A MONARCHY has always turned into some form of a tyrannical government. The Monarch's bureaucrats and enforcers try to protect their jobs and thus protect the Monarch which ends up in more control and spies upon the population. Over the years the smart Monarchs have stayed hidden behind some figurehead position based upon tradition or religion to save part of their wealth and much vaulted positions.

An ARISTOCRACY ruled by a few of the rich and powerful elite will turn into an oligarchy. The oligarchy will give lip service and platitudes to the designated Ruler while looking after their own best interest. The giving of platitudes and money to a Ruler helps the oligarchy increase their own wealth and power in a society.

A DEMOCRACY ends in Anarchy. Democracy or mob rule has tended to work best in a society of humans who are of the same race or religion. Throw in different races/religions and you must have a society based upon laws which protects everyone regardless of status and wealth. The laws have to be “EQUAL” for everyone for when these laws break down or the perception of the laws break down in directed favoritism then Anarchy is soon to follow.

The time frame for all of the above can be discussed or argued, but the outcome seems to always be the same IMO.

We really never seem to learn from history, do we.

tinysure
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sir John Glubb's "The Fate of Empires" - by beez - 04-11-2022, 04:21 PM