Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expanding My Music Collection
(04-10-2022, 04:30 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I use  4k Video Downloader to download the videos from YT, from which the audio can them be stripped and adjusted with something like "Audacity" if one desires. I don't go the extra mile, though, because I just watch them on the computer, and download some for offline personal use.

Not sure why it's technically illegal - no one, neither artist nor recording company, is taking a hit any more than they do if I listen to a song on the radio, but there it is. And, as you mentioned, the artists are getting ass raped prison-gang style by the recording companies already, anyhow, so they lose nothing.

It's mainly just the recording companies that wanna tap that ass and get grouchy.

Not lawyer, but i fairly certain recording it's not illegal to record or even rip audio.

Quote:A To first address the legal aspect of your question, it’s considered copyright violation in the U.S. to copy DVDs and Blu-ray discs to a server or hard drive. (Oddly, the same restrictions don’t apply to audio CDs, which people can rip guilt-free.) To address the realistic aspect, plenty of people copy movie discs to computer hard drives, and there are loads of software options available on the web that will help you do just that.
Link: Is it Legal to Copy Blu-ray Discs to a Hard Drive?

Quote:Is It Legal to Download YouTube Videos to MP3s for ...

Downloading or "ripping" audio or video from YouTube for download is not illegal unless the content is copyrighted. Also, ripping any audio content from videos is a violation of YouTube's terms of service. Keep in mind, YouTube's terms of service are not the same as US copyright laws and violating them is not in itself, illegal, although not recommended.

Link: https://www.audio-digital.net/i-pages/is...legal.html
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by Ninurta - 04-10-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by hounddoghowlie - 04-10-2022, 04:38 PM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by kdog - 04-11-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by SnrRog - 04-11-2022, 11:32 PM