Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Expanding My Music Collection
(04-10-2022, 03:01 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: "Expanding My Music Collection" or "How to pirate online music undetected".

I've been wanting to expand on my music library in my entertainment computer system I call GERRWEES (Group Electronic Rackmounted Recording WiFi Enabled Entertainment System).

I have video and audio I've ripped from CDs and DVDs and can also do live recording. It has a small mixing board and with some creative use of audio adapters I can now make some high quality audio from Youtube videos.

Basically I do a live audio recording of the video then edit it and export as any audio file. So instead of going to some questionable fly by night website to down load "free" MP3s, leaving an online footprint of copyright infringements, I can get almost any songs for free and go undetected.

We would do this back in the cassette tape era by recording music from our FM stereos. The computer makes it far easier with much higher quality.

Yes, I know this activity is technically illegal and is screwing musicians out of their royalties, but this is for personal use not to make any money. Besides, it screws the crooked music industry more than the musicians who got raped by the record companies to begin with.

Sad excuse I know, but it's costly to purchase individual songs on Amazon prime and the selection on Youtube is really good.

I still do it like in the old days. I use the free audio recording software Audacity and Mostly stream off the Web Site Bad Rock Radio
No Commercial 24 hrs a day, at some point you'll hears songs and versions by original artist, covers that you haven't heard in years and version that weren't played on most FM radio stations, and tunes off albums that were never played on the radio and wonder why they weren't.
Audacity for a free app is loaded, and has more features that I've never used. I highly recommend it.

Bad Rock Radio is the shit, here is a list of the last songs played,
Recently Played:
Pink Floyd - Keep Talking
The Kids are Alright
Gov't Mule - Mr. Big
I've Seen All Good People
Stevie Ray Vaughn - Tightrope
the who - the who - The Who - Eminence Front
The Who - The Who - The Who - Summertime Blues
Primus - Amos Moses
Houses Of The Holy

Sometimes I'll open both up, and let them run for hours and then edit out the tunes i don't want.

Check them out you might like them.
Audacity

Bad Rock Home Page, not much to look at it's just simplicity.
Bad Rock Radio

Bad Rock Streaming page, sometimes you have to click the stop button and then click the play button.
Bad Rock Radio
[Image: TWBB.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by hounddoghowlie - 04-10-2022, 04:02 PM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by Ninurta - 04-10-2022, 04:30 PM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by kdog - 04-11-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: Expanding My Music Collection - by SnrRog - 04-11-2022, 11:32 PM