Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some very old stinky foot prints !
In North America, Meadowcroft Rock Shelter has an occupation layer that has been dated at, I believe, 19000 years old, Cactus Hill in Virginia has been dated to between 17000 and 18000 years old, there is a mastodon butchery by humans just across the mountain from me, in Saltville VA, that was dated to 14500 years old, and Daugherty's Cave, about 3 miles from where I was raised, is at least 11000 years old.

So, yeah, the old "Clovis First" hypothesis has been blown out of the water.

In a site about 100 yards off of Route 19 in Russell County, VA, near Rosedale, paleo points were found, but never have been dated as far as I know. It was an open air campsite, apparently.

In South America, even older sites have been found - one in Chile dated to between 30000 and 33000 years old, and one in Brazil that is alleged to be around 40000 years old.

On the east coast of VA, and just off the coast, paleo points have been found that are startlingly similar to European Solutrean points, and that has raised an entirely new hypothesis called the "Solutrean hypothesis" that postulates that humans came to America from Europe by hugging the edges of the ice sheets in the quest for seals, and ended up here in America. If it's possible they could have hugged ice sheets in the east, I see no reason they could not have done the same in the west, so no need to wait for a Bering Strait Land Bridge to open up and become ice free before they came.

People have been here a long time, much longer than science currently realizes.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Some very old stinky foot prints ! - by 727Sky - 04-10-2022, 01:11 AM
RE: Some very old stinky foot prints ! - by kdog - 04-10-2022, 01:52 AM
RE: Some very old stinky foot prints ! - by Ninurta - 04-10-2022, 05:59 AM