Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
"Silly boy, it's all about trust."
It does not matter what I or anyone else says as long as your faith brings you peace, happiness, and tranquility. I grew up southern Baptist and heard more fire and brimstone than most young minds could expect to retain. So I was baptized and was a good little christian. Fast forward to the age of 27 living in a Buddhist country . I was impressed by their inner peace and yet not all that impressed with the organized religion as they always had their hands out for food and or donations...just like Christian Churches.

So... I sat down to read the new testament, page by page, cover to cover, Kings James version. That completed I hung up my Christen spurs and have never looked back. One of many things I read was when Christ said, " Woman I came for the Jews and it would be unfair to take the bread from the children of Israel and cast it to the dogs." That story is around Mathew 15-23 depending on the rewritten bible you are reading. In most ancient cultures the dog is about as low as you can go as the dog does not know who its father was and to this day those are fighting words in many cultures.

Now if I am getting mortared or the ground around me is being torn up by incoming rounds I will pray as most people would if given a chance asking for "God please make them stop." I prayed for my wife many times and again when she died as no one deserved the pain and suffering she had to go through at the hands of the medical establishment.

It does not really matter who you pray to as many a devout have been on their knees praying for salvation, yet the gun is fired, the sword is brought down and their is no more prayers forth coming as the devout dies.

Peace tranquility and happiness... something truly worthy to strive for. When I die all the questions will be answered; everything else by anyone living is just speculation and a form of control put forth by those who want to control not only your body but your mind IMO.

Messages In This Thread
"Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by DISRAELI - 04-03-2022, 04:33 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by kdog - 04-04-2022, 02:36 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by 727Sky - 04-04-2022, 07:53 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 08:13 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-05-2022, 11:24 PM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 12:49 AM
RE: "Silly boy, it's all about trust." - by beez - 04-06-2022, 01:33 AM