Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New vehicles must average 40 mpg by 2026, up from 28 mpg
(04-02-2022, 04:09 PM)Infolurker Wrote: So, what does the tribe think this will do for us? This is a huge jump and getting 40 MPG average is not going to be an easy lift. I have no wanting for a battery operated car that a replacement battery costs as much as the car. 
Do they really think they will get away with these EV cars?  We have a 2020 car.  It gets 41 on the highway.  City driving is much less.  Even adding that stop-start technology doesn't add what they claimed.

Wait until there are power outages with EV cars.  And garage fires.  And the screaming starts about battery life, prices and disposal.
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune

Messages In This Thread
RE: New vehicles must average 40 mpg by 2026, up from 28 mpg - by DontTreadOnMe - 04-03-2022, 12:28 AM