Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors
Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view, I'm about to start a massive weekend long work project and will have little time to respond. Here's what I got for now:

beez Wrote:Have there been any studies looking at the long-term  effects of neurotropics on developing brains?
If so, show them.

I will if you show me studies on the long term effects of the 561 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine that have been administered in the US? Lol!

Puberty blockers aren’t without their negatives but in trans healthcare, they are generally only administered for 2 or 3 years max. Most noticeably in the research data are potential effects on bone mineral density but more recent studies indicate that once GnRH agonists are discontinued either the ensuing natal puberty or a course of cross-sex hormones reverses this condition. Also noted is a lack of genital development which may complicate future vaginoplasty outcomes should a person go down that road in the future.

The point is though, despite potential risks, they are outweighed by the benefits in terms of psychological and quality of life improvements not to mention a marked reduction in suicidal ideation.  

Do I think they should be available on asking? No. Do I think all gender non-conforming/incongruent kids should take puberty blockers? Not without a thorough evaluation by a multi-disciplinary team of medical professions prescribed on a case-by-case basis.

If they’ll all post, here’s some reading on the subject:

Hormone treatment to halt puberty in transgender adolescents is safe and effective

Endocrine Treatment of Gender-Dysphoric/Gender-Incongruent Persons: An Endocrine Society* Clinical Practice Guideline

Hormone therapy helps strengthen brain connections in transgender women

Pubertal blockers for transgender and gender-diverse youth

Pubertal Suppression for Transgender Youth and Risk of Suicidal Ideation

First-of-its-kind study links puberty blockers to lower odds of suicidal thoughts

Puberty Blockers: The Real Side-Effects

Is puberty delaying treatment ‘experimental treatment’?

Short-term outcomes of pubertal suppression in a selected cohort of 12 to 15 year old young people with persistent gender dysphoria in the UK

Puberty suppression in transgender children and adolescents

Bone mass in young adulthood following gonadotropin-releasing hormone analog treatment and cross-sex hormone treatment in adolescents with gender dysphoria

Bone Development in Transgender Adolescents Treated With GnRH Analogues and Subsequent Gender-Affirming Hormones

Psychological Support, Puberty Suppression, and Psychosocial Functioning in Adolescents with Gender Dysphoria

’Grace’ Wrote:If you noticed I haven't said two words to you since I've been back, and other than these words here, I don't have anything further to say to you at all.

I’m sorry you feel that way. I haven’t said two words to you either until now so I guess that makes us even?

’Grace’ Wrote:I only do adult discussion, with calm and rational people.

What, you don’t like some of the intentional pejoratives I used or that this is a subject that concerns me deeply and passionately? How often do you see people on the left, heck even moderates leaning a little left be addressed with the same type of language around here? Quite honestly, to be a member of this forum I overlook and put up with a lot derisive comments about those that aren’t Trump lovin’ rightwing conservatives and don’t say a damn word about it. Actually, it often feels quite masochistic.

’Grace’ Wrote:If you can't wrap your head around why this is a serious concern for Americans who actually care about the welfare of children…

Which children? I’m sure you can’t understand why to me, this is nothing but a dogwhistle.

Admittedly, with over 220 anti-LGBTxyz bills proposed or enacted and most of them focused specifically on trans youth, I am angry, depressed and demoralized and filled with rage and disgust about organizations like the Family Research Council, The Alliance Defending Freedom, The Heritage Foundation and all the other fundamentalist and Christian Nationalist organizations buying influence in our fucked up government.

Many see the progressive left as fascists destroying the fabric of democracy when I see nothing but fascism, racism and bigotry in the authoritarian right.

Excuse me if I get a little irrational at times. No, screw that...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11174]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WH encourages gender reassignment surgery for minors - by Freija - 04-01-2022, 09:00 PM