Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Head's Up! Screamin' Home Depot Deal!!!
Heh, so I did wind up buying another of those vacuums...just for the batteries!  Anyone need a shop vac?  I've got about (4) of them now!  Can't ever have too many I guess, handy as they are, especially the wet-dry part!

I've already got about 10 batteries and a couple of the 4Ah batts, but I can always use more.  I just got a 12" brushless chainsaw that I use to cut firewood on the back deck without having to fire up one of the big Husqvarnas.  We bought a full cord of oak a couple months ago, and it's all cut and split, but some of it is just a little too long to fit in our wood stove, so I'd been on the hunt for a small chainsaw for just this.  Now, with the (2) extra batteries from the vacuum, I'll have plenty of reserve power for the chainsaw because I'm sure the smaller One+ batteries don't last very long with that thing.

The one thing I really like about the Ryobi tools is, once charged, the batteries stay charged until you use them, even if it's months later.  A lot of the cordless batteries won't do this, they slowly drain on their own.  My DeWalts wouldn't stay charged either.  Heh, and the batteries on my Harbor Freight stuff stays charged too!  Funny that!  I only have one cordless HF tool, and it's a Bauer 1/2" impact wrench, and man, is that thing ever great!  I was in HF one day and they had a sale on them for $49 bucks, so I figured 'what the heck, I'll give it a try'.  Charged it up...and changed an entire set of wheels and tires on my 1 ton pickup (32 lug nuts off, and 32 lug nuts back on again).  Then I left it in the garage all winter, and this spring I needed to change out a set of wheels and tires on the wife's Subie.  Impact changed all those without being charged after sitting all winter, and after changing all the tires and wheels on my truck.  And it STILL was showing 4-bars of charge on the battery!!!  After all that!  I was really impressed.  I really have to be careful with that thing though because I busted off a lug nut on my Subie with it, and boy that'll piss a fella' off.  Had to pull the wheel, the disk, the axle drum, drive out the old lug stud, press a new one in and reassemble to get my car back on the road.  That's my only negative about that impact...the torque isn't adjustable.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Head's Up! Screamin' Home Depot Deal!!! - by FlyingClayDisk - 04-01-2022, 03:02 AM