Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick
(03-30-2022, 02:17 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 02:05 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 01:42 PM)Snarl Wrote: I don't know why, but I stuck one of these extra air tag boogers onto my dog's collar.

Thank you for giving me pause. I will have to look at another tool for tracking. It just has to be cheap, at least affordable.

Probably the right call.  From what you described an Air Tag won't be of much help.

I sometimes let Luke run the woods. I've got a tracking collar for that. It was $$$, but money well spent for the fun we have out there.  That wouldn't be of much help to you either if yours simply run for miles.  Good grief!!  I'm too old for that ... and you might have me by a few.  tinywhat

Usually, if they take off, it is only one of them. So far Facebook has been the most helpful in tracking them down.

I don't have a Facebook account, but my sister-in-law does, and the local groups have helped me track them down before, and usually very quickly. They can't catch and hold them for me, they would if they could, but they are not likely to let anyone get too close to them when they are alone.

If more than one are together, they are more likely to allow people to get close, but when three or more are together, they tend to stay in the woods and away from roads or houses. There really are not that many roads out here, so if they do go near the road a neighbor would spot them and let me know they have seen them. Not a lot of Huskies running around out here, so my neighbors know who they belong to.

Sometimes they come back together, and sometimes, one at a time. One time the kids were gone overnight and I was terrified. When it became light out and Goliath and Tamar were not back. I sent their mother Bellah after them. I said "Bellah, go get your children". She took off and brought them back in less than fifteen minutes. They really were not kids anymore at two years old, they were more like teens I guess.

A tracker would probably get me in more trouble than my dogs could get into, trying follow them out into the woods. Not like the cell is guaranteed to work out there with the lousy signal we get around here.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick - by Snarl - 03-30-2022, 01:42 PM
RE: Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick - by Snarl - 03-30-2022, 02:17 PM
RE: Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2022, 02:46 PM
RE: Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick - by Snarl - 03-30-2022, 04:07 PM
RE: Air Tags or 5G Networks - You Pick - by Snarl - 03-31-2022, 11:47 AM