Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaslighting By Medical Doctors
(03-28-2022, 01:29 AM)VioletDove Wrote: I feel like this has happened to me a few times. First time was when I was around 20. I couldn’t walk when I’d wake up in the morning because my heels would hurt so bad. I went to get it looked at and they took X-rays, didn’t see anything and sent me on my way. I went to a different doctor and just happened to see a book on foot pain while I was waiting for him to come in the exam room. I diagnosed myself using that book. Plantar fasciitis. He was great, treated it and got it better in two weeks.

Went back a few years ago because my lower legs, feet and ankles had swelled and I could barely  walk. I also had a rash on my legs. He barely listened and tossed some cream at me and left. So I tried another doctor who did blood work but didn’t find anything. She actually told me she didn’t know what to do with me. I finally found an internet doctor from another state who actually prescribed something to help and didn’t make me feel like it was all in my head or that I just wanted pills. Which I’d never asked for. I just wanted to know what was wrong with me.

This is one reason why I have to be pretty bad off to go to doctors office. Even then I almost have to be dragged there.

I can relate so much to the "only want pills" impression. I flat out told him I don't want to take pain killers and that we look for the cause instead of fighting the symptoms in all the years before and all I got was that I have to live with it and the next question was like "Do you need different pain killers, something stronger so you do not have to take as much?" kind of question.

Made me furious inside because I just said I do not want ANY and he's like, well I can prescribe you a higher dose per pill. Like I was speaking a different language.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by Ninurta - 03-28-2022, 03:50 AM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:58 PM