Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaslighting By Medical Doctors
My feed is on the ball today.

I usually ignore most of the stuff that ends up in my feed. Today I found some very interesting videos, and some that hit pretty close to home.

I am sharing this because I was the victim of medical gaslighting myself. This can happen to anyone, but it seems to happen more frequently with women, and even more frequently with women of color and women of menopausal age or older.

I really liked both my doctors, but they both failed me big time.

The first event happened back in 1998. By the time the year 2000 rolled around I was so sick that it could not be ignored anymore, but my doctor continued to insist it was just menopause. He was so adamant, that he actually became agree with "me"!

I told him that I would be looking for another doctor, and I did. When I made the appointment with the new doctor, I told him that if he was going to tell me my problems were all in my head or due to menopause, that I could save both of us a lot of time, and I would keep looking. He promised me he would not make any diagnosis until her had seen me and I had completed diagnostic testing. Well after a  CT scan and a MRI, it was found that I had a tumor and it required treatment.

Now you would think I would have learned from that experience, but I did not learn it well enough, because I almost allowed myself to be gaslighted a second time, not too long ago. Just a month ago, my doctor tried to convince me my symptoms were nothing to worry about. But after three months, and no improvement, I insisted he take my symptoms more seriously, and that he run some test.

He listened to me. Good thing, or I would have dumped him as well. My symptoms seem greatly improved, and hopefully they will be completely resolved soon.

So my dear Rogues, male, female, old, or young, don't allow your doctor to ever ignore your symptoms. If they do not address your complaints or symptoms, get another doctor.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-28-2022, 01:03 AM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by Ninurta - 03-28-2022, 03:50 AM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:58 PM