Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do Gender Studies programs create activists?
(03-25-2022, 10:39 PM)DesertBorn Wrote: I came across this discussion concerning a proposed bill in Wyoming that would remove public funding for Gender Studies programs.  One point made about public funding is that the programs, essentially, train activists, which goes against public interests.   The bill was shot down.  

I agree, and would go one step further.  Training for essential jobs, for public interest should be the only post high school education supported by public funding.  

Here’s the discussion:  https://www.jamesgmartin.center/2022/03/...ing-block/

I was raw material when I was in University, over 50 years ago. First time away from home. A silly country girl that thought she knew more about life than she did. I knew nothing about anything, but it took me a few years to finally realize that.

University does something to young minds. This is not a new phenomenon by a long shot. The difference between today and yesterday, is that our parents and elders, slapped us back into reality, and we didn't have a metaverse to hide in that kept the lie alive.

I will never forget the brutal slap in the face I got from my mother when I was home visiting, showing off and telling my Mom about all the mistakes her generation had made, and how detrimental to society they all were. My Mom very calmly said, "Well my darling, I think you had better find yourself a job, because I m not paying my hard earned money to a school that teaches you such dribble." And she was serious as a heart attack.

At that moment, I remember it like it was yesterday, I stopped and thought about what I was saying, and realized I was a stupid girl, letting her ego, write a check that her ass would have to cash. I woke up instantly, and was able to see through all the BS, and left it where it belonged. On campus.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Gender Studies programs create activists? - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-25-2022, 10:56 PM