Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Five Types Of Looters You Must Prepare For
If this sort of prepper/apocalyptic thing interests you, you might be interested in the books one of my friends writes.

His name is Franklin Horton. We used to hang a lot when we were younger, and we worked together at a radio station years and years ago. He still lives not too overly far from here, and we have lunch every now and then.

His books are about people coping in post apocalyptic scenarios when the grid goes down and the lights go out. Two series, The "Borrowed World" series and the "Mad Mick" series are in the same literary universe, and are set in this geographic area. Those two series recently had a crossover which I have not read yet. One of the characters in the "Borrowed World" series was inspired by me. that character's name is Hugh, and I live in constant fear of the day Franklin kills Hugh off. he does that upon occasion - it ain't like the movies, it's more like the real world. Characters that you come to like over time can sometimes die, just as in the real world.

Another of his series, "the Way of Dan", has a protagonist that hails from @"Mystic Wanderer"'s neck of the woods, who finds himself half way across the country when the lights go out.

Yet another of his series, the "Locker Nine" series, I don't know anything about, as I've never read any of them.

I've read the first book in the Ty Stone series, but it's not really post apocalyptic. it's about a PTSD ridden veteran who finds his way in the world.

If you get a chance, check them out. He deals with post SHTF looters in them, among other things, and has some truly inventive ways of handling them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Five Types Of Looters You Must Prepare For - by Ninurta - 03-25-2022, 06:13 AM