Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders)
(03-20-2022, 11:56 PM)kdog Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 09:02 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 08:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I spent over twenty years on the road with my job. I had a ship load of maps, and I loved using them.

I like to think there was an art to map reading, but it probably was just something I had to do to go from point A to point B.

Yes, there IS an art to map reading, and it is becoming a lost art. Less well known is that there is also an art to map FOLDING. All newly minted lieutenants should be required to take a 6 week course in map folding, so that the art sinks in.

Folding is very important. It's like an accordion.

Yep, VERY important - the trick is to fold it so that the area you are interested in is exposed, and the rest safely tucked away for future use when you're interested in a different area...

Come to think of it, that is sometimes easier to do in a drunken state!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders) - by Ninurta - 03-21-2022, 12:02 AM