Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders)
(03-20-2022, 08:32 PM)kdog Wrote: My daughter called me a pirate when I got out the big road map atlas to plan my trip instead of using my gps on a phone.

Cell phones are the most ingenious implementation to get folks to carry their own GPS trackers right around with them ever devised by man. I feel your pain. Our car GPS is passive - it just takes the GPS signals and tells us where we are in relation to where we are going, and does not phone home with that information. The son, on the other hand, habitually uses phone GPS for navigation, thereby phoning the GPS signal home and broadcasting his location at any given moment.

And there are people in the world these days who seem to think that is somehow a GOOD thing.

Protip: when using GPS, use only a receiver, not a transceiver that has two way comms.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders) - by Ninurta - 03-20-2022, 08:38 PM