Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders)
Woke up to one of the kids frantically messaging me. By "kids" I mean our four completely grown, adult offspring. Anyway she lost her keys while drunk and tossed the house and vehicles- no keys. Locksmith wanted $270 to re-key car so panic had set in.

This is where my early years of getting drunk came to the rescue. Her now sober idea of thorough searching and the experience of formerly drunk me were miles apart- and formerly drunk me came to the rescue!

I started walking her through a new search, checking inside the back of the toilet tank, inside jars in the fridge, checking inside ceiling light fixtures, in cereal boxes, etc. Within less than five minutes the keys were safe within her hands!

Young people these days have a lot to learn. Sometimes the drunk experience of their elders trumps all of their sober knowledge.
Respect the wisdom of your elders kiddos- they have fucked up a lot more than you!

Happy Sunday Rogues!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Drunk experience matters! (aka Respect the wisdom of your elders) - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 03-20-2022, 05:38 PM