Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Couple questions and some issue observations
(03-19-2022, 10:26 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: First, I am REALLY impressed with the functions and features of this site!  Man, you guys have really done a great job with this!!!!
I do have a couple suggestions and some observations.

1.  Issue - Looks like there was some change to "Alerts".  As of about 15 minutes ago the "Alerts" function is jacked up.  Showing logos and you can't scroll.  Was working fine before this.  Function = IN-OP.  Criticality = Low to Med.

2. Minor improvement suggestion - A "Back to Top" feature would be good.  Criticality = Low

3. Minor suggestion - Consider not quoting the previous in a reply by default.  I didn't see a way to turn this off (maybe I missed it).  It should definitely be an option, but not a default.  Criticality = Medium    (Bandwidth and storage overhead)

4. Minor suggestion - Rating a post requires too many clicks.  Is there a faster way to do this?  IMO, this feature should be pretty quick, like one click.  Criticality = Low. 

5. Question - Is there any way to highlight text in a post?  Might be handy.  Criticality = Very Low.  (example: in this post I would have highlighted the criticality rating with green, yellow and red for ease of spotting it.

Just some observations, questions and suggestions.  Not a complain by any means!

Most of this is easily addressed. 

Issue 1 is a rare but sometimes issue that usually clears up in a few minutes. PS You can alternately access your alerts on your User CP, look on the left for View Alerts.

Issue 2- there already is a back to top button

Issue 3 just manually delete the previous quote or instead of just hitting reply go to bottom and hit new reply button and tag them- Hit the @ button followed by name and it will pop up, click on it then reply to them.

Issue 4- ratings just aren't as big of a thing here but when you do it gives you an opportunity to give the person you're rating a personal note about it.

Issue 5- Just play with it, you'll get the hang of it.

Hope that helps!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Couple questions and some issue observations - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 03-19-2022, 10:36 PM