Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghosts, Ghost Boxes, and The End of the World as We Know It
(03-21-2022, 02:49 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: I am on the fence about these contraptions. 

Full disclosure, I have never used one or even seen one in use in-person. My only experience is seeing them on TV shows like The Holzer Files.

It seems the users interpret garbled static as words that are relevant. I guess you hear what you want to hear. With the ones which have words "programmed in", that seems a little suspect to me. How do I know some entity actually tried to say that to me? Or was it just the machine puking out some random data?

Don't get me wrong though. I believe there are entities out there which we humans interpret as ghosts. It could be more than one phenomena too. IDK. But how do I know it is the ghost of my Grandma and not something else? There could be a whole ecosystem of "spirits" out there. And do I really want to talk to them?

I've always been suspicious of them as well - how does a ghost know when to pinch off a wire just to let the phonemes he want through?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ghosts, Ghost Boxes, and The End of the World as We Know It - by Ninurta - 03-21-2022, 03:08 AM