Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When they want to burn you
About a minute into the video, the "ATF" guy in the middle of that stick is rockin' a .22 rimfire "assault weapon". It's a Ruger 10/22 with either a bull barrel or an integral suppressor. How do I recognize it? because I had substantially the same thing.

His:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10824]

Mine:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10825]

Now, before you start giggling at the notion of a soldier carrying a .22 rimfire, just know that some of those were actually made and issued to real live soldiers. I used one that was suppressed at a little machine shop in Greensboro, NC for government folk. They turned the barrel down, bored holes in it along the length to vent gas into the suppressor, and then packed it with "stuff" and added a jacket around the barrel to complete the suppressor. The net result was a rifle so quiet that the only thing you could hear was the bolt slapping back and forth when it fired, even with full speed ammo. No shit. That one was made from a Ruger 10/22 also, but it was not the one in the image I posted. The one in the image was mine, personally. I built it up from a stock 10/22 myself.

It looks like the guy in the video is running a couple Eagle Industries 25 round magazines "jungle clipped" together, whereas mine had Promag 32 round magazines, and the extra geegaws are mostly mounted in different places (most notably the flashlights - his is mounted to the forward sling swivel stud, mine is mounted to the scope tube along with a laser to the side - the thingy with the yellow sticker), but the basic platform is the same one if you compare the receivers between the two.

The suppressed versions were made for special purpose use, assassinations and sentry removals (which, really, is just assassination lite), and that begs the question - what the hell is an ATF agent on a routine raid gonna do with one? Who does he plan on quietly assassinating?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
When they want to burn you - by 727Sky - 03-11-2022, 11:17 AM
RE: When they want to burn you - by Ninurta - 03-11-2022, 10:13 PM
RE: When they want to burn you - by ABNARTY - 03-13-2022, 03:14 PM
RE: When they want to burn you - by Ninurta - 03-13-2022, 10:45 PM
RE: When they want to burn you - by ABNARTY - 03-14-2022, 04:19 PM