Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Price of gas is heading into insane territory!
Explanation: Price of petrol here in Canberra Australia recently ...

Canberra petrol prices pumped up beyond $2 (Thats in AUD$ ok)

Quote:By late Thursday afternoon, the price in Canberra ranged from 185.9c a litre at the Metro garages in Fyshwick up to 209.9c at the Coles Express in Curtin (a difference of $3.50 for a 25 litre tank).

Many petrol stations were hovering around 199.9 as though reluctant to break the barrier - but with no doubt that the only way was up.
The price increase means that by shopping around a driver could save an average of about $6 on a tank.
On Thursday, the average price of basic unleaded in Canberra was 196.5c a litre. At the end of January, it was 171.1c.

Canberra Gasoline prices, litre

Quote:Gasoline prices per litre, octane-95: We show prices for Canberra from 06-Dec-2021 to 14-Mar-2022. The average value for Canberra during that period was 1.80 Australian Dollar with a minimum of 1.69 Australian Dollar on 20-Dec-2021 and a maximum of 2.07 Australian Dollar on 14-Mar-2022. For comparison, the average price of gasoline in the world for this period is 2.39 Australian Dollar.

1 US fluid gallon = 3.78541 litres
1 AUD$ = $0.75 USD$ (currently)

Therefor ...  1 gallon of fuel costs the following

1 gallon of fuel = $2.07 AUD$ x 3.78541 litres = $7.84 AUD$

Conversion to USD$ = $7.84 AUD$ x $0.75 USD$ = $5.88 USD$

Personal Disclosure: Now I have my facts straight ... time for me to distort them as I please ...

Are you aware that Hong Kong currently has the highest fuel prices in the world per gallon? ...

Quote:Hong Kong Gasoline prices, 21-Mar-2022
Hong Kong Gasoline prices
           Litre         Gallon 
HKD    22.540      85.323 
USD    2.881       10.906
EUR     2.614       9.895

U.S. Gallon
Gasoline prices per litre, octane-95: We show prices for Hong Kong from 13-Dec-2021 to 21-Mar-2022. The average value for Hong Kong during that period was 21.05 Hong Kong Dollar with a minimum of 20.24 Hong Kong Dollar on 13-Dec-2021 and a maximum of 22.54 Hong Kong Dollar on 14-Mar-2022. For comparison, the average price of gasoline in the world for this period is 13.84 Hong Kong Dollar. Use the drop menu to see the prices in gallons.

The gasoline prices for Hong Kong are for octane-98 gasoline as octane-95 gasoline is not currently sold in the area. That corresponds to premium gasoline in Europe where, according to our data, the price difference between regular and premium gasoline is about 7 percent. We are, however, not sure if the price difference would have been the same in Hong Kong if octane-95 gasoline was offered. Moreover, customers can obtain various discounts and offers as provided by some oil companies in different ways.

1 gallon of HK fuel would cost $10.91 USD$/gallon x $1.50 AUD$ = $16.36 AUD$/gallon

$16.36 AUD$/gallon (HK-fuel) / $7.84 AUD$/gallon (my-local-fuel) = 2.09 x the cost which is a 109%+ increase

Thats a bit mind boggling! tinywhat 

Well I for one can't complain about high petrol prices as my pension is indexed to the CPI (consumer price index) which includes petrol and so the higher petrol goes the bigger CPI bonus increase I receive. tinycool 

Disclaimers: I don't own nor drive any vehicles and I pay for my drivers petrol and parking fees [they pay 1st and get reimbursed] out of NDIS funds which are in addition to my regular pension and I have distance limit on how far I can travel with my drivers which is 100km in 2hrs [thats going fully across the city and back again as Canberra is 50km north to south and 25k east to west in area].

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Price of gas is heading into insane territory! - by OmegaLogos - 03-23-2022, 08:29 PM