Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Someone who thinks they know Putin
(03-10-2022, 10:23 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: I agree with her that Putin is not crazy. He is simply cold and calculating. His idea of acceptable cost is far different than mine or anybody I know. 

Maybe I need to read her book to understand the recipe that produces Ivan the Terrible, Stalin, and Putin. My guess is it has something to do with the culture. 

After all my time in the ME, I came to understand why so many "Strong Men" are in power in that part of the world at least. It's cultural. Weak men (or perceived weak men) are not seen as a good thing. They cannot protect the "family". They can't keep a lid on things. The trains don't run on time. I am not condoning all that befalls a nation for having such a person at the helm. Just an observation. 

What's that saying though? If you think strong people are dangerous, wait until you see how dangerous weak people can be.

I agree that weak people are far more dangerous. They are sneaking and conniving, and so will sucker punch you, they always feel like they have something to prove to the world to show they AREN'T weak, and that makes them belligerent. And finally, their belligerence invites attention form folks who really can clean your clock, and who instinctively know how weak they really are.

Scary time to be alive for folks caught in the middle.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
Someone who thinks they know Putin - by 727Sky - 03-07-2022, 08:40 AM
RE: Someone who thinks they know Putin - by Kenzo - 03-07-2022, 05:18 PM
RE: Someone who thinks they know Putin - by Ninurta - 03-11-2022, 02:43 AM