Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So you want to fly a helicopter in a war zone ?
(03-13-2022, 11:09 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 11:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 09:23 AM)Kenzo Wrote:
(03-13-2022, 12:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: Bad tactics with 4 birds shot down.

That is from video game

If it's from a video game, it's a damned accurate one!

I've been on the receiving end of Russian Hiind attacks, and can confirm that the 12.5 mm nose mounted machine guns and rocket barrages from the wing mounted rocket pods are exactly as shown, both sound and fury. i;s hard to mistake those hornets flying past your ears.

It's a standard Russian 4 chopper attack flight, as seen in Afghanistan. I couldn't confirm the choppers - one looked like a Hind, but another looked like it might be a Havoc, and yet a third looked too wide in the body for either of those.

I watched it several times, but could only confirm 3 birds splashed, not 4.

So if it's a simulation, which it could be, it's a damned good one, My hat's off to the programmers.

Another video from ARMA 3  game

I thought the video 727Sky posted was real too, but then read it`s from game

This is the video you were looking for on that channel. It's more convincing.

ETA: You are right. This is the initial video that Sky posted :

They even have the precisely same URL. I stand corrected, with egg on my face..

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: So you want to fly a helicopter in a war zone ? - by Ninurta - 03-13-2022, 12:25 PM